Century Downs Racetrack and Casino
Benefitting Breast Cancer Research. Funds raised will go to the Cancer Research Institute of Northern Alberta (CRINA) at the University of Alberta.
For Thoroughbred colts and geldings, three-year-olds and upward which have started for a claiming price of $3,000 or less in 2017. All runners must have recorded one timed workout at a distance of three furlongs or longer, or have made one pari-mutuel start within 45 days of the race date.
For Quarter Horse: All runners must have made one pair-mutuel start within 45 days of a race and need to be approved by the Stewards to run around one turn.
All entrants will be deemed eligible to race at the discretion of the racing secretary.
About 4 Furlongs
$3,000.00 (Win $1,350, Place $675, Show $324, 4th $216, 5th $135, 6th $100, 7th $100, 8th $100)
EIGHT (8) –Four (4) Thoroughbreds and four (4) Quarter Horses. IMPORTANT: Horses for the race are to be provided by the riders.
Should there be more than eight entries then entries will be based on amounts raised by each team as of noon on October 12th, 2017. Preference will be given to four Thoroughbred and four Quarter horse teams however should there be a shortage of one of the breeds those spaces will be filled by the other breed.
To be announced but will be awarded to the top three fundraisers and the winner of the race.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
1. Pick up a registration form! These can be found online at www.cthsalta.com , or call the CTHS office at 403-229-3609,
2. Find a horse by October 11, 2017! As a participant in this race you must provide the horse you will be riding in the race. If something should happen to your horse prior to the race you may substitute another as long as it meets the conditions as posted.
3. Pick a team name! We have many suggestions so if you are finding this a challenge, help is available. NOTE:(If you are a Thoroughbred rider the CTHS Manager will donate $250 towards your fundraising efforts if you are the first to register the team name “Chesty McKnockers and the Twins”)
4. Make sure the Board of Stewards approve your application.
5. Submit your signed application to the C.T.H.S. office by Friday, July 28th, 2017.
Questions? Contact Jean Kruse at C.T.H.S. (Alberta) 403-229-3609 JKruse@cthsalta.com
or Theresa Sealy at 403-540-8707 or firstname.lastname@example.org